Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Claremont Village Freedom 5000

It's not too late to pre-register for the July 4th 5K Run and Walk events. The races begin at 8 a.m. just after the 1K Kids Run.

To register, follow the links on this page. You can register online for a $3.25 processing fee or turn in your paperwork to the Hughes Center at 1700 Danbury Road. You can also find a course map and other useful info.

Participation in the races costs $25 before July 2 or $30 on race day. The cost includes a t-shirt, bagels, fruit and water.

I am planning on running in the 5K this year. Since I'm not in great shape and I've never run in a 5K race before, I have no delusions about winning.

Last year's fastest runner was 24-year-old Jordan Horn of Alta Loma with an amazing time of 14:31. I'll be happy to finish the race without any major injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment