Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Town Hall meeting on health care reform

Expect a lively debate tomorrow night in the Padua Room at the Hughes Center. A panel of local politicians will be debating national health care reform. Panel members include Russ Warner, democratic candidate for congress in the 26th district, Sally Stevens of the League of Women Voters, John Cobb of Progressive Christians Uniting, Sandy Hester of AARP, Mark Ramos of United Food and Commercial Workers and Gar Byrum, speaking for Health Care Co-ops.

Organizers say Congressman David Dreier, who opposes the reforms, was invited. I'm guessing he will be a no-show.

Although I would be interested in attending, I will also be a no-show for the meeting. The COURIER will have another reporter cover the debate.

I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks. I'm flying today to Vienna and will be traveling around Austria to visit some friends and family. I may post a few photos or tidbits while I'm away but for Claremont news, you'll have to wait till I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment