Friday, October 8, 2010

Final Cruise Night tomorrow

After 15 years, Cruise Night in the Village is coming to a close. The final show will run tomorrow night from 5 to 8 p.m.

Organizer Sandy Coglietti, owner of the Village Grill, expressed frustration over her dealings with the city and neighboring business owners who oppose the event.

Among her complaints are the city's regulation limiting Village parking to one hour between 3 and 5 p.m. before the event and the requirement for her to hire a police officer who hands out parking tickets to Cruise Night participants.

"I feel like I'm paying to have someone here to give out tickets to my guests," she said in an interview last week. "That's not what I want and that's not what Cruise Night is about."

Cruise Night has been an instituation in the Claremont Village for the last 15 years.

"I love Cruise Night. A lot of people do. I've gotten so many calls from people who love it asking how they can help," Coglietti said. "I'm just tired. I'm tired of fighting the city and I don't want to do it any more."

No comments:

Post a Comment