Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday COURIER City Beat!

I've been blogging now for one whole year. I've managed a total of 145 posts over the course of the year. Not too shabby.

I've tried to bring a variety of news to the blog: crime, city council news and announcements about upcoming events.

With the paper coming out just twice a week, one great things about having a blog is the speed I can get news out. When there's breaking news, like the Metrolink crash or election results, residents can get the information right away.

It also allows me to give some background information or opinion on stories that I've written for the paper. At times, I've had to deal with angry phone calls, emails or comments after writing some posts like Claremont swap meet? or Pit bull shooting.

The blog also lets me have some fun, like with my Halloween piece or publishing old photos of the Mayor. I'm happy he's been a really good sport about it.

I hope readers out there have enjoyed reading the CCB so far. I've enjoyed writing it. Of course, I'm always open to suggestions on how to make it better. What would you like to read about?

No comments:

Post a Comment