Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ginger Elliott on retirement


Ginger Elliott retired from Claremont Heritage after 25 years as Executive Director. Here's what she had to say about moving on to the next chapter of her life.

"I feel a little sad. It's hard to let go. It's going to take me a little while to unwind and just enjoy things. It's an emotional time. But I feel good about the organization. I think the organization is doing well. We get stronger and stronger boards every year and [new Executive Director] Lisa [Rupple] is going to be a terrific director. She gets everything right away. And she's young and she has energy."

"I'll still volunteer for a couple organizations. I'll volunteer for Heritage whenever they need me. There is still some unfinished business here. There are historic props and materials at Padua Hills Theater that need to bring up and put into display cases. We promised Jerry [Tessier] that we would do that. I'm going to do a little traveling. I have a stack of books of course. I can finish the crossword puzzle every morning instead of going off to work and coming home to finish it. And that's really it. I feel fortunate retiring in a town where I know a lot of people and feel connected. I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities that come up where I can help out so I'm looking forward to that."

No comments:

Post a Comment